Monday, November 9, 2009

Buttons


I went to see Casting Crowns last week. It was awesome but in addition to the music, they had such great things to say that made me really think. Mark Hall talked about the enemy pushing all the buttons (right or wrong) that trigger the doubt, fear, negetivity, that makes us step back and as he said "get in line" retract from stepping out with Jesus.

I think in addition to pushing buttons, he also puts on glasses, blinders, lenses that keep us from seeing the good in our lives, magnifying the failure and lack of possibilities and blind us from recognizing love. The love of those around us and the love that God graciously gives. In not seeing correctly, we push the love farther away. The love of others, the steadfast love of God, the love we should have for ourselves. We push it away and don't even see the additional pain we cause ourselves, cause those we love or love us ... this is not what God wants. He does not need us, we can stop retracting from the gifts he gives us feeling that we are not good enough. We can stop the excuses, if I had more money, if I had less failure in my life, if I were thinner, smarter, if I were like someone else and not me, things would be better.

He does not need us, He wants us! God loves us just as we are. Take off the glasses. Remove the buttons. We are broken and beautiful in His eyes. God believes in us. Other people believe in us. Why is it so hard to believe in ourselves? Why is it so hard to listen to the voice of truth?

Mark's Testimony part I
Mark's Testimony Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment