Saturday, February 13, 2010

Honored


I feel honored that the AIG teachers in Pitt County would choose me as AIG teacher of the year. I have worked hard to keep the STRIDE program going and still a rigorous program for our students. I will be glad when this year is over. The past two years of redesigning curriculum and training teachers has taken its toll. I am ready to get a handle on the rest of my job.

It was an honor to be chosen a finalist for the State AIG Teacher of the Year program. We were in Winston Salem this past week for the conference. I was not chosen as the state teacher. When they read an excerpt from the woman who did win, it was her supervisor that said she was an asset to the program and very helpful to other teachers. Maybe my supervisor should have written a letter stating that if I had not stepped up to the plate to run the program, the county would have been in a mell of a hess. As it is, he did not write a letter on my behalf. It would have been nice to bring the honor back to Pitt County because we have a strong AIG program. Personally I am honored to have been chosen by my peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment