Monday, February 8, 2010

Focus on Where You Are Going

Two years ago Chad dressed up in a tie and everything and formally asked me to be his girlfriend. Or maybe I should say his friendgirl as we were always friends first. I decorated his room for Valentines day that year. A print I made for his wall was a picture of two people riding a motorcycle, you could not see the people (slightly in the rear view mirror) it was their view looking out ahead over the handle bars. I printed on it "Focus on where you are going" because he always said that is what he liked about riding. You had to focus ahead.
As you know, Chad left in December to focus ahead for himself and go to MMI to learn to be a motorcycle mechanic. 2300 miles away. Makes for a long distance relationship which is never easy. We all need to focus on where we a going. Sometimes that means leaving things behind. It has been hard to get in touch with him and he was not really talking to anyone. I ran into his Dad's wife online and said hello. I asked her if she had heard from him, not since January 30th was her remembrance. So she asked for the update. When I told her we had not really talked since January 19th she became concerned. Both she and his dad had banked on that Chad was talking to me as his priority so they did not think about his not contacting them so much. His dad became very concerned and they both started trying to contact him in a variety of ways. They did, talked some and his dad told him to call me. He did. We talked and determined that Chad needs to put his energy into focusing on where he is going and let go of what he left behind. He did not want to be the next guy to disappear on me. I understand often what we want and what we have in us to give are two different things. That I understand, the silence I couldn't. It will be OK.

Good thing we were always friends first and that is what we can be given time. Life rolls one and we will focus on where we are going

No comments:

Post a Comment