Thursday, May 6, 2010

Broken & Beautiful

I was talking to someone today about how we are all human, not expected to be perfect and we make mistakes. Small fixable ones, big honkin ones we think we will never recover from or receive forgiveness but we do. I told them that God loves us broken as we are and still in His eyes sees us a beautiful... Broken & Beautiful.

I went to CR for the first time tonight in many many months. I was met with such warmth and genuine welcoming. Hugs, smiles, Beth so glad to see you, I am glad you are here and many many "How is Chad?" "Where is Chad?" I mean the people that know him in the church know he has gone to Phoenix, some of them. It was the people that come in on the bus that would ask me, people I did not know. I had no idea he had made such and impact on a some of them.

Scott sang. It is always wonderful to hear his voice sing praises. After at Solid Rock Cafe, he asked how Chad was, I said he has been better. He wanted to know if school was going well, I said yes. He was blown away to hear that he was in Phoenix and very upset at himself for not knowing or contacting him. He was thinking that since Chad had not contacted him (his CR sponsor) that he was doing well. He was openly upset. Wait, this all does tie in ... Before he knew Chad was in Phoenix, he asked what we were doing Saturday and would we like to go to see a concert with him and his wife Saturday. That is when I told him he was in Phoenix. So he still extended the tickets ... it is a Mark Schultz concert! Broken & Beautiful!

God works in amazing ways. Glad He knows my music too... now can he have someone want to give me Third Day, Switchfoot or Casting Crown tickets? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment